– WWE Studios and Lionsgate are teaming to reboot the horror franchise “Leprechaun,” according to Variety.com. WWE and Lionsgate are sharing production costs and will work together to market this film, which is currently set for a 2013 release. At this time, there are no actors, writers or directors attached to the film. Could we see Hornswoggle as the new Leprechaun?!
– Triple H returns to action this Sunday at WWE’s live event from Madison Square Garden. Here’s the card for Sunday’s MSG show:
- Triple H, CM Punk & Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho, Dolph Ziggler & Cody Rhodes
- John Cena vs. Kane – Last Man Standing Match
- Daniel Bryan vs. The Big Show vs. Mark Henry in a Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
- The Miz vs. R-Truth
– Mark Henry was in attendance at the South by Southwest (SXSW) event in Austin, Texas this week. Fuse TV filed a report on the event and mentioned Henry, stating the following:
“A friend was eating lunch when WWE wrestler Mark Henry started talking to him and subsequently recommended Bacon, an Austin restaurant where nearly every item has its titular food. Music-related? Not really. But there is no weirder and more appropriately Austin moment than that.”
– The New York Times has published an article looking at 1990s WWE performer Damien Demento. Demento, real name Phillip Thies, has launched an art show titled Karnal, featuring paintings and sculptures. The exhibit, which is housed at the Tachi Gallery in New York City, runs through April 14.
* NEW PICTURE Of BATISTA Filming The Movie Riddick (Mohawk!)