PWTorch editor Wade Keller presents a special Thursday Flagship edition of the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Podcast featuring a WrestleMania 36 Preview with ex-WWE Creative Team member and professional stand-up comedian Matt McCarthy.
(Search “wade keller” to subscribe in podcast app or CLICK HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.)
TORCH TODAY – Tuesday, November 17, 2015
– LIVECAST ALERT: PWTorch editor Wade Keller and Jason Powell of Prowrestling.net take your calls on Raw and other hot topics at 5:00 p.m. EST at PWTorchLivecast.com. Also check out Jason’s Raw Hit List.
– WWE wraps up a long two-week touring schedule Tuesday night in Knoxville, Tenn. with this week’s Smackdown TV taping. Advertised for Smackdown is Miz TV with the Final Four of the WWE Title tournament – Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, IC champion Kevin Owens, and U.S. champion Alberto Del Rio. (REPORT ALERT: We’re looking for a correspondent at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
– WWE Divas champion Charlotte guests on ESPNews SportsCenter with The Coach tonight in the 9:00 p.m. EST hour. Charlotte will be discussing her Divas Title match against Paige at Survivor Series on Sunday. … Paige and The Miz star in WWE Studios’s latest movie release, “Santa’s Little Helper,” which is out Tuesday on DVD and digital on-demand. The DVD is priced at $12.99 on Amazon.
– WWE NETWORK HIGHLIGHTS: Undertaker Week continues with “Undertaker 25 Phenomenal Years.” There is an early release at 4:00 p.m. EST before the advertised premiere at 9:00 p.m. EST. Plus, a new episode of “WWE List” on vignettes at 4:30/9:30 p.m. EST.
– WWE is considering a major stadium show in Australia like UFC 193, according to a new survey. WWE sent out a survey to Australian WWE fans asking how interested they would be in a “massive televised event,” specifically Melbourne, where UFC 193 starring Ronda Rousey was held on Saturday. One of the questions asked which WWE star would be most-appealing as the headliner, and Brock Lesnar was included. The survey made it sound like WWE is considering a big Network event in Australia in the future. (Thanks to PWTorch reader Louis Spina.)
– There is a lot of internal TNA chatter about their next U.S. TV home. TNA’s deal with Destination America is up within the next two months. The latest potential landing spot is WGN, reports Prowrestling.net. There are other players in the mix, but WGN is the leading candidate.
– Kurt Angle is currently in the U.K. doing media interviews and preparing for his six-night “Golden Truth” speaking tour. Angle’s one-man show kicks off Wednesday in London and wraps next Monday in Manchester.
– Steve Corino, one-half of the ROH announce team, underwent neck surgery Monday. Corino tweeted afterward: “Thank you to everyone that has called, texted, Tweeted, and/or FB’d. Feeling rough, but I have the best wife ever taking care of me.”
– From the NFL, Arizona QB Carson Palmer might be fined for delivering what appeared to be a crotch-chop at Seattle fans at the end of the Cardinals’s road win over the Seahawks Sunday night on NBC. The potential fine is about $12,000, reports Pro Football Talk. The Young Bucks joked on Twitter that they would be fined about $1.0 million if adding up all of their crotch-chops.
– Episode #125 of Joey Ryan and Candice LaRae’s YouTube show includes appearances by Robbie E., Brian Myers (Curt Hawkins), and more wrestling stars traveling the road wrestling on the independents.